Sunday, August 15, 2021

Walking in Kasol with nature

 #HappyIndependenceDay #India

It's been a while since we last connected and I got so many emails and social posts asking me why am I not writing or sharing these days.  Apologies in advance. I guess its a mixture of being lazy and at times caught up in the worldly works. 

Many of my posts ( that I tyically write at coffee shops, cha-bars or during my travels ) are these days limited, all thanks to COVID. And when at home, I focus on my treadmill :) and that too is a different ballgame at times.

So primarily work from home these days is actually and genuinely work from home 24*7. I at times miss my meals and many a times the social messages as the limits between office hours and me hours have blurred. 

However, I did wanted to share a small trip that I took during this year. Kasol, situated in my home state of Himachal Pradesh used to be a quaint tiny village also now known as the Amsterdam of India. It used to be one of my go-to places to sit back and take a pause and soak in the views of nature and meet with locals who have a glitter in their eyes. 




Now, this place is for backpackers and trekkers and hence at times crowded. If you are visiting this place try dropping in to a tiny village called Malana, wherein people live in self-imposed isolation and hence avoid interactions with outsiders. It's at times also called Little Greece. Not sure who gives these names though. 

For me as you know, walks are key. I love the walks by the Parvati river or if you appreciate trekking, then Kheer Ganga.  

You may not find much Himachali cuisines here, however Israeli food is all around. Dark green forests and street-side cafes have an intriguing tag team combination that I like. And yes, I love rains as and when they shower on me !! 


And for those of you who love visiting a gurudwara, Manikaran Sahib is the place to bow your head and ego. Divine peace and 'sewa' that you do or see around may lead you to a higher calling. You never know. 

No comments:

Aloha on the Ganges

2021 has been occupying to start with. It felt as if January had 365 days and not just 31 days. Have met some lost souls, some damaged soul...