Friday, October 22, 2021

Aloha on the Ganges

2021 has been occupying to start with. It felt as if January had 365 days and not just 31 days. Have met some lost souls, some damaged souls and a while back, a human!

During my recent sojourn to Rishikesh, I ran into a person who was a solo traveler and was, in her own words, trying to run away from herself. It took a while for me also to understand what exactly she meant. We met over the breakfast, as I was late, we two were the only last late comers of the lot. 




I have this thing, for a lack of a better word, to observe people. Looking at her I could sense she smokes and drinks a lot and her facial veins were kind of prominent, leading me to think she may, think a lot.

And yes, once we started to chat, and the good listener that I am, she did mention all of the above. She was actually on this no-smoking promise on the current Rishikesh trip.

While we took a walk around the resort and got talking, she mentioned about her recent break-up and the trigger to her current situation. 

While I, in these situations, just like to listen, I could feel it had impacted her a lot. We'll not go into the details here, but being a pampered child at a young age for a long time, may not always work in your favor. This over-protection, where all your demands are met with may lead you to think that in life, in general, people will be submissive or life itself will be easy. We also start to believe that people whom we meet, will be like our own house members. This is not true. The world out there is tough and the people even tougher and hard to predict. 

She was trying, first, to be strong and break this shell she was into for a long time and also, at the same time, be a person who can put her life in her own hands. 

I feel strongly, that whatever learning's you have from your journey, if at all, they can help anyone in anyway, so please do share. You never know who all can get motivated from you, who all can get inspired from your life and most importantly, at that very moment, just being an ear to someone's thoughts can help them feel a lot better and safer. 

#SafeTravels


Cheers!
Join me, follow me, partner with me @karansayz

No comments:

Aloha on the Ganges

2021 has been occupying to start with. It felt as if January had 365 days and not just 31 days. Have met some lost souls, some damaged soul...