Friday, July 3, 2020

Becoming by Michelle Obama

As many of you know I do book reviews for Blogadda and IndiBlogger primarily, and at times for close friends who are now authors. I usually get books as gifts and believe me it’s a blessing.

A while back, someone gifted by a copy of the book- Becoming. It was fairly new in India at that point. 



Becoming is the memoir of former United States first lady Michelle Obama talks about her time in the White House, her public health campaign, and her role as a mother. After having read the book and also watching the #Netflix series by the same name, I must share that it felt inspirational reading and seeing the world through her eyes, inside out.

Many of you might be wondering about this ‘someone’ who gifted me this book. 
Let me share.

This ‘someone’ is also a hero that I am very proud of. I hardly say this enough to her but I am super proud of her sheer energy and positivity. She leads an important HR vertical for a global firm and calls herself a passionate HR.  Having met her, known her it’s a power booster everyday to look at her work, helping colleagues and the community at large. She is full of love and enthusiasm which is infectious. I hope we have many more of her in this world, as we all need a good soul. 

PS: Many of you try searching me online and at times stumble upon my blogs. Then, the few "smart thinkers" try to match me as a person with my blog and get into the vicious cycle of assuming and judging. Please don't do this. It will make you confused to say the least. And I will always be beyond your imagination :) 


Note: Many of you reached out to me via twitter, instagram and email to collaborate on my blog with me via blog posts and other content. Happy to partner. Just a share - I like to be creative, write and then share. It's not about the financial bit :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very insightful

Aloha on the Ganges

2021 has been occupying to start with. It felt as if January had 365 days and not just 31 days. Have met some lost souls, some damaged soul...