Shattered Dreams, as the name suggests is the journey from negative to positive . From the darkness of exile to the sunshine of the kingdom that awaits. This book is a motley of leadership / motivational principles told in an interesting story telling format . A typical working or corporate life, its ups and downs and the way one needs to react in such situations is what the book is aimed to answer ( or aids in decision making )
Couple of quick pointer summaries :
- Don’t read this book with the intent to finish it . Read it and re-read it with a quest to understand what are the deep meaning things that come out .Life , that we live today is no different than what was in the days of the book . It’s just that the characters have changed and so have the situations. Rest remains same.
- At times and mostly I would recommend keeping aside the ‘Ramayana’ that we have all seen up as growing kids. These are not exactly mirror to mirror when it comes to the book .
- The story as it unfolds can become long and at time boring . Take a break , rethink what you read and how can you fit or learn from this . This is what I did and it helped me sail through .
- The Neethi (moral) are the foot notes on each page that will act as a quick summary guideto understand what all is this about.
- Each character has something to tell us , learn from and mostly un-learn about. At times , I felt that I could relate to some of the characters and the situations they were in.
- I felt that it would have been better if I would have read the first part - Ramayana The Game Of Life-Rise Of The Sun Prince-Book 1 . This would have helped connect better.
- The book is a good pick / gift to / for people from any age group. The way it’s shared and explained is not only a good read but an insightful one as well.
- Author Shubha Vilas, is a spiritual seeker and a motivational speaker, holds a degree in engineering and law with a specialization in patent law. He also helps individuals apply the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana and other dharmic traditions in dealing with modern- day life situations. Interesting profile I must say.
- The five tips on management a good leader should adhere to – respect, decision making, reputation, character and team management .
- The costliest currency in the market is trust. With it, one can buy the share of confidence, which, in turn, can buy everything else. The real exchange rate of the currency of trust can be determined only during troubled markets.
This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Programfor BlogAdda . Participate now to get free books!