- Not once could I get anyone asking / claiming / bench-marking – INC gave an education coverage of close XX % to all Delhi people and now BJP or AAP will give them more than XX+ Y % .
- Party Z build XX toilets / XX ( facilities ) for Delhi folks and Party L and M would take a step ahead and get more being built with additional facilities and accessibility.
- Nowhere are we looking at taking forward the good work done by one party by another.
- The entire Delhi elections have now come to just pre poll surveys, celebrity stars and ministerial fire power, allegations and scams and mud rubbing.
- Each and every channel and media can be easily attributed to any one party they are indirectly supporting.
- Party leaders are coming with vision documents to ensure in case they fail to deliver if elected they can always go back and say this was a vision and hence a moving point.
- These leaders are promising the stars for average Delhi people and may be moons for the not so average people.
- In the process of all of this – one thing is for sure. For marketers like me there are ample on ground executions / innovations which all these parties have done. Right from flash mob , booth selfies , 3D holographic speech , radio jingles, press coverage , VC , songs and ring tunes and a heavy marketing budget to push through across print and TV media and a not to forget fashion statement of cough and mufflers and name inked suit lengths.
- Just imagine , if instead of spending so much on this frenzy all the parties and leaders would have invested this money in the welfare of the people of Delhi , we would have already got a neat and a positive changed look and couple of things would have got improved in Delhi.
- For running a city or country, one needs focus, precision and sustenance. Issues like corruption cannot be eradicated overnight. Also, at times, there are certain necessary evils required for the functioning of a government.A key insight.
You may think its the power and the pride that comes with the post which an IPS officer holds or some of you may say its the sheer status the word IPS reflects upon one.
The perks like most of us know, is having an unprecedented power, ( used to-be) a lal-batti , a huge team which does ' Jai Hind ' and a whole lot of a new world .
Given, I have had a good fortune to be in a family of friends who are IPS and know and understand from them what is it being an IPS officer most of the above mentioned movies or may be the image we tend paint in our minds is very different from what actually is an IPS officer and what all does s/he undergoes to be one.
I would put my take on this and share with you all my thoughts on how & what is a life of an IPS.
Studying is just a part of it.
The civil services examinations are considered not only the toughest in Indian competitive…