Nainital and the beauty all around - Ranikhet
|Nainital Lake - Naina Devi Temple -|
- Nainital Lake- Also known as Naini Lake, it is situated in the heart of the city the eye-shaped lake is a tourist hotspot .Here, a person can either take a leisurely stroll or indulge in boating and enjoy the surrounding beauty. The northern end of the lake is called Mallital, while the southern one is called Tallital. The Lake Bridge that connects the two banks has quite a few shops as well as a post office, the only one in the world to be located on a bridge.
- Naina Devi Temple- The presiding deity of the temple is Maa Naina Devi represented by two Netras or eyes. Flanking Naina Devi are the deities of Mata Kali and Lord Ganesha. Nainital is believed to be one of the 64 Shaktipeeths One can also get an amazing view of the hill station, overlooking the lake, from the temple.
Never did I knew till I visitied this place . Located about 60kms from Nainital ,its actually a hill station & home for the Kumaon Regiment (KRC) & Naga Regiment and is maintained by the Indian Army , part of the Almora distrcit.
A typical cantonment area and the best part of these are the amount of green cover they have . Spic and span with an array of pine, oak, and deodar forests . As far as the top place goes , there are just 4 of these which are a must visit .
- Army Museum
- Jhula Devi temple - Where devotees tie a bell on wish fulfillment.
- Rama Mandir - A place where you need to sit and feel for the divine presence.
- Chaubatia Gardens - This place has plantation of apricots, peaches, chestnuts,almonds and is famous for apple orchards. With a wide variety of himalayan flora, this place also offers the picturesque views of snowcapped himalayas.
|Jhula Devi Temple , Ranikhet|
A destination which is off beat but worth a trip .