Jewel of Delhi
- It's a brilliance of architecture;
- the carving done will make you go " OMG";
- It took five years + to make it and thousands of man hours went into the creation of this "jewel of Delhi";
- It is designed in such a way that believe me one full day is required to explore the place;
- From the musical fountains to the food courts , to the landscaping to the water bodies built all around the "Gaumukhs",the beautifully manicured lawns with the "wise words" written on them;
- Statues of noted Indian figured and lotus shaped gardens;
This place is simply amazing.
And this is just the exterior.
When you enter the main building you'll be amazed by it.
Words can't describe it - You need to see it to believe it.
There is a separate shopping arena where you can get souvenirs,T's and mementos and loads of "puja" related articles.Needless to say a visit was paid to this :)
It's a place dedicated to Lord Swaminarayan.
However,what many people tend to miss is there is an another"white mandir" as its called nearby the main one. Six months of painstaking effort went in to build this one.It's beautifully white and has an amazing view overlooking the -games village.
btw- no cameras allowed . :(
So the next time you come to Delhi - do visit - Swaminarayan Akshardham.