Let's talk about my recent Pune visit -
- Well, I may not be the best person on insights on Pune , but would like to share my experience .Visited Pune,for the first time for the -second round .
- Stayed at a place very near to the railway station - Shivaji Nagar. First thing noticed was - No helmets !! Speeding vehicles zooming in from every corner. Chaos !
- Girls or to be more refined - Females, wearing a "Refined"version of a "Hijab"(Kattar muslim women wear to cover there head). Almost all are clad in this .Top it all,they wear glares..so,no scope left to see the faces !!
- There was a reason for wearing one - Pollution and protection against Sun and Dust !! Accepted !
- Next,a word called as " Peths" was doing the rounds. Peth is the general name for a locality in old Pune..some female said ! Some of the Peths are named after the days of the week. OK. get it.
- On recommendation visited , Dagdusheth Ganpati & Shanivar Wada ! Liked them !Went to FC (Fergusson College to meet someone ).Nice college. !!Ate vada-pau & (िचवडा).
- All familiar & popular food chains like Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Subway, KFC, Dominos, Pizza Express, Smokin Joe's etc have their presence in Pune..why not !!
- Hinjewadi was a personal favorite. Peace and serene.All in all a good limited exposure !!
PS - This is one of my first initial posts when I started writing and sharing . Now, when I look back in time , gosh !! I have traveled a long distance and the journey has been really special - because of dear readers like you . Thank you !