Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Bread or paratha


It was raining in Delhi. Like, pouring. Once in a while kind a rains.

We were driving home together from work. In fact, she was driving and I was listening to some of  'my songs' . She had downloaded my playlist for me so I can listen to those songs.  Adorable!

As we were approaching home, since we stayed nearby, she asked me if I wanted to come to her place and we could grab dinner. Too tired to think, I said, yes! Rains make me just loose the focus. At times :) Otherwise, I like being sharp.

When we entered her home, it was all peaceful. Her parents were off to Jaipur for a wedding. The maid was on leave that day which angered her. So, we had a choice. Either we order in or she makes something interesting for the two of us.  Yes, she did get angry often. And yes, I did offer to help to cook or prepare anything. 

Well, as I put my cell phone on charging and grabbed a book to read, she gave me a danger look.




In between all of this, my cell phone had an incoming call. On the other side, there was someone who was also cute and we kind a looked cute together.

She asked me if I am free to come home for dinner. She was and I assume, still is an amazing cook. She loved cooking and her passion was so intense she used to spend hours in the kitchen, typically on weekends.

We worked well as a team. I used to write food reviews and she used to tell me more the about what goes into the food.

She was making parathas and not just any parathas. Stuffed parathas which were light on oil and had healthy ingredients with a choice of yellow or white butter.

In the interim, the anger lady☺ had managed to get on with the dinner. 

As I like, I usually try to help in whatever way I can in the kitchen. She didn’t know cooking at all. In fact she never liked cooking. So she told me that she can make bread butter and if at all I say a yes, this will be the first time she’ll make one.

Interesting choices and options life gives us. 

Which one would I have picked? Batao!! 

Bread or paratha!! 

PS: This story is not necessary of me or about me 😆

No comments:

Aloha on the Ganges

2021 has been occupying to start with. It felt as if January had 365 days and not just 31 days. Have met some lost souls, some damaged soul...