And in this step-up , I always believe there is no better way than a feedback to make things more smarter and more friendly . After all ,Zomato is for foodies like us and we also need to do our bit for the big Zomato family that we all are a part of . So , here are some thoughts I felt like sharing with all ( on a special request from the team at Zomato : ) )
Three features I love
- I like the fact that Zomato has played interestingly in the larger benefit of the foodies . Not everyone needs to be a member to be able to read reviews , browse places and check out what other foodies are writing about . In this way they capture and build both type of target audiences - Active writers / reviewers and also those passive folks who just want to browse and pick up a quick place. A win-win for all .
- Collections - A kudos to the entire team at Zomato and specifically to the folk who thought about this . It saves a hell lot of a time by clustering places basis a key genre and thereby narrowing the search all together . A 'wow' in terms of customer experience and innovative thinking.
- Foodie levels - The foodie ladder is a thoughtful way of ensuring 'serious' foodies continuously do their bit of fair reviews and keep on climbing the ladder . The four levels are good enough where Zomato ensures that the interest is build up and there are points for everything that one does.
- Photos - My personal experience , uploading photos is a pain since half of the time it gets rejected due to a lower size file or something on similar lines . Zomato needs to work to ensure the 'photo' option factors in almost all formats and the size limit something that has 99% success rate . A big reason why I have stopped posting pictures even though I do click them .
- Twitter - Zomato needs to be integrated with Twitter as that has a big chunk of audiences , globally & locally and far better than the Google+ . Currently the integration to find friends is only available on Facebook and Google+ . May be a next step would be to have LinkedIn as well as an option along with Instagram .
- Zomato foodie card - This is something on mind for a long time and I feel Zomato should work in creating a proposition for only genuine and top foodies as there way of appreciating them .This could be criteria based - Only big foodies and above can apply.The proposition could build in plug-ins like:
- Exclusive invites to new restaurant launches in respective cities ;
- A fixed savings of 15% or above at ALL Zomato featured restaurants;
- Invites to Zomato foodie meets and a chance to may be featured in the Zomato restaurant guide.